BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 28, 2010

I heard the voice inside me .....


I woke up this morning in a bit of a mood because I wanted to sleep, not hit the pavement. I reminded myself that sleeping in was not the way to begin my journey, today was the day .... the first day of taking control of my body/weight.

I live in Texas and the climate is less than desirable to jog in. Within 15 minutes I was drenched in sweat. I was hot, out of shape and just mad. All of a sudden I heard, "Hello, Hello, do you remember me? I am the athlete inside of you and I was wondering if you could remove the layers of fat! Being overweight is a product of 12 years of binging and yo yo dieting. I am in here, the athlete that you once loved and took care of and would love to come out and see myself in the mirror again. You can get me out, only you... so suck it up and finish this run!"

I was a competitive swimmer, volleyball player, basketball player and tennis player at one time. The athlete in me wants to come out! I think the thing that upsets me the most is that I did this to myself but the refreshing news is that I am taking control back and without a doubt I will stare in the mirror at that athlete inside of me.

We went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday so I envision the athlete inside me to be Jessie, the cowgirl but instead of wearing boots, she was wearing running shoes. :D

3 comments:

Laura said...

hi Lucy! I just found your blog, and I too am a new runner. I started out running 2 minutes on the treadmill, and just did my first 5k in April.
I totally understand the starting part, i feel like that all the time! good luck to you!!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Congrats on getting started! I'm a new runner and new blogger too -- just started both in April. And I just ran my first 5k last Sunday.

Hope you'll stop by at Runningwithattitude.com

Good luck!!