I guess I decided to take a vacation from life,exercising and tracking points. The good news is that I am back! I don't know if my body was trying to get used to the new medication but I was just in a total funk. It seemed like all that I wanted to do or could do was sleep.
The hubs and Ems took a day trip and I had the day to myself yesterday. It was wonderful if I may say so myself :) I floated in the pool, did a little shopping and got refreshed and feel rejuvenated.
As I was floating I decided to get over myself and JUST DO IT!! I watched the Ironman in Kona and my gosh those people are beyond amazing. I can't even fathom putting my body through that. I don't know that my body could even do it! I am sure that it could if it was properly trained ...... Hummmmm this makes my wheels start turning and possibly key word possibly makes me want to sign up for the Houston 1/2 marathon in January. I am thinking about it .....
Last week of summer vacation for me .... a little sad but so thankful that I had these months off to spend with my family.
How many of you have done a 1/2 marathon? Will you share your story with me?
:D Lucy
.:Flip This Pattern:.
12 years ago



6 comments:
welcome back Lucy!
I did my first half marathon back in May and am planning another one next year the same one.
the experience was amazing and truthfully I still can't believe I did it.
I found that the mind is a very important part of the run, if you think you can do it you can!
hey Lucy! i haven't done a half yet, but i'm hoping to do one in Dec. i'm way excited but super nervous!!
Welcome back Lucy! I did my first (and so far only) half marathon earlier this year. While I loved the distance and definitely want to do it again .. my first race was a disaster due to tummy issues. I feel sad that I'll always have that to look back on, but it is what it is. I'm still a bit leary to try it again for fear of it happening again, but I will do it again for certain. It's not in the finances right now anyway so it's not an issue. If you do decide to go for it you will do great .. I can just tell.
You can do it.
Are you feeling better now that you are on your medicine? Sometimes I wish for a medical excuse to MAKE me stick to a diet...I know that is so silly.
Hope your school year is off to a great start!
J
Welcome to the challenge Lucy! Nice to see you back!
Hi Lucy, you were added to the list, just not under the 30 day shred, as you indicated you wanted to do the 20 minute challenge, let me know if you have changed your mind, your name is on my side bar so you have been included. I only linked blogs of those that are doing the shred.
Post a Comment