BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wow .... I have what?

Well I am sorry that I have not blogged in a while. I went to the doctor a week ago because I was experiencing some dizziness the past 3 months. I finally decided to go see what was going on because the dizzy spells were getting worse and they typically happened after working out. I went to the doctor and stated what I was feeling. After some blood work Doc told me that I am insulin resistant. That explains the why of a few things. The why I can't lose weight, the why I get so dizzy and the why of my obsession with potatoes. Apparently my body produces to much insulin and can't properly break down what I eat. The solution he came up with was to put me on Metformin and follow a low carb diet. I am the saddest about the low carb restriction, I love them! I am glad that I finally know why I work my arse off and then experience a .2 loss or .6! I was seriously going to throw in the towel and drown my sorrows in tortilla chips, queso and Margaritas!

I had a lingering stomach bug and sleepless nights so I have not started working out. Tonight might just be the start of my 15 day streak!

I have mentioned before that I am a school teacher and I go back to work in a week and a half! Yikes!! I am going to miss my daily morning routine ... coffee, checking my blog up dates and seeing what y'all are up to! I guess I will have to make it part of my evening routine! I have truly enjoyed blogging and appreciate all of your inspirational comments, you girls are great!

Have a terrific Thursday
:) Lucy

2 comments:

kimert said...

So sorry about the low/no carb thing but I am glad you now have answers. I hope your dr's solution will be one that helps you on your journey!!! I wish you all the best! School started here on Monday, it was sooo hard getting back intot he routine. I hope it goes well for you in a week and a half. :)

Michelle said...

Hope your dr's solution does the trick for you!!

Wow school already! My kids don't head back until after Labor Day. Getting back into that routine is always tough!