BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 27, 2010

Reflecting on 2010 and looking forward to 2011!!


Another year is coming to an end soon and I do believe that I am ready to see this one go! All though God blessed us in many ways and overall it was an okay year, we had a lot of loss too! It was a tough year in that sense because there is nothing worse than seeing the ones that you love grieve. I am a "fix it" type of gal and that is just something that I can't fix nor make better.

I have learned that life truly is precious, I can be here today and gone the next! I have learned that while I am on this earth I want to be the very best person, wife, mother, friend and teacher that I can be.

Life gets busy and I do feel that I need to make time for those that are important to me.

I can't be the person that everyone wants me to be, I can't please everyone, what I can do is be me and love the people who accept ... me for who I am, what I am and what I stand for.

Seeing the word Obese stamped on my MIL's death certificate awoke a certain fear in me. I don't want that to be stamped on mine because I refused to lose weight and exercise.

So I am not going to call it my New Year's Resolutions instead I am going to call it my 2011 promises to ME! 11 is my favorite number so I expect it to be the most amazing year ever!! (fingers crossed) :)


Hit my goal weigh of 128

Exercise at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes

Let go of unhealthy or superficial relationships

Continue to try to be the best person that I know how to be

Pray more

Run a 1/2 marathon

Blog at least once a week

Concentrate on the positive of each day

Count my blessings and give thanks on a daily basis

:) Lucy

8 comments:

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Hi, Sweet Friend! I am so with you on your promises! I'm proud of you, and I believe with all of my heart that you will keep them. :)

I'm planning on doing a blog series called Be a Better Me starting in 2011. Instead of making a long list of resolutions and keeping them for a few weeks, I'm devoting one task to "better" each month. ...like in January, it's be a healthier me, so I'll be making appointments to see doctors, dentists, start getting healthy eating habits back on track, and work on an exercise plan. :)

Then I can focus on one thing each month and hopefully be a better me by the end of the year. :)

I love you dearly and wish you and your sweet family the very best 2011!

That Pink Girl said...

Promises to Me, I really like that!

You've made some great promises to yourself and I have no doubt that you'll be able to keep each and every one of them with that attitude!

Jess said...

I like your goals. Looks good! :) We can do this. 2011 is going to be a good year.
J

Demara said...

I like how you said farewell to the last year...I too lost someone...someone who use to be at every Christmas growing up.

And like J said, WE can and we WILL do this!!

Lucy K said...

Thanks ladies!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I'm a 1st time blog visitor... I really like your blog header picture and background! Those are great plans for 2011! Happy New Year!

Kimberly said...

Those are some great goals!

The letting go of superficial and unhealthy relationships is a great one because it frees you from the bad and lets you focus your time and energy on the rest of the goals.

I need to pray and read his Word more too. He has blessed me with the miracle of weight loss and I need to spend more time with Him.

Syl said...

Sorry I haven't had a chance to comment Lucy, thank you so much for your support. I know exactly what you are going through and it can be so painful.
I hope 2011 is a better year for everyone
Stay strong!
syl