BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 9, 2010

11 days and counting on the new WW's program!

I can honestly say that I followed the old WW's program maybe for a total of 4 days on a given week. My favorite part of going to meetings was clapping for all of those who lost weight. I would genuinely be excited for them ..you would have thought that I was getting the award. I know the old program worked because I witnessed many members shed 50, 100+ pounds.

My husband's uncle passed away of a heart attack, this was my mother-in-law's brother. So in less than two months we lost two very special family members. What keeps resonating in my head is my health. Is this a wake up call? My mother-in-law was considered obese and I saw that on the death certificate. It made an impact on me, it scared me because I am not far from being considered obese.

It's no longer about being a hottie, it is more about being healthy. I want to live a long healthy life and feel good about myself. Now, looking like a hottie will be a definite plus don't get me wrong! I want to lose 40-45 pounds and I think I am at my breaking point. I am focused and I have never felt the need to lose this weight as much as I do now.

Back to WW's ... I am super excited about the new program. Why? Because it is a fresh start for me! I didn't follow the old one for more than 4 to 5 days and guess what... I am on day 11 of tracking. I like this program more because I haven't been hungry so far. I also appreciate fruit and vegetables more since they are "free". I no longer rely on those 100 calorie count packets.

I've always doubted that I can get back to my goal weight ... I have put that doubt away!

My friends we must take care of our body ... it is the only one that God blessed us with.

Lucy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy, I just found your blog the other day. I am excited to follow your journey. I gave you a blog award today. Check out the details on my blog.

Kristyn said...

Absolutely my friend! This is our only body! I'm getting motivated to lose weight too. I'm almost considered obese too and it's sorta shocking. I don't want my kids to ever suffer for my laziness. I want to enjoy every minute of them and that means getting in shape!

Of course being a hottie again will be a great plus :) Love ya girl!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love discovering new blogs. I also have a 5 year old daughter and want to be a good role model for her. There's really no better motivation.

We can do this!

That Pink Girl said...

Oh what a wonderful attitude! You are setting yourself up for success with that kind of thinking!!!