BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holidays, love them... but this one was tough.

I love this time of year because of the decorating, holiday spirit, shopping and that natural high you get from buying others presents! Oh and who am I kidding ... the food! We had an outstanding feast in the company of our parents. There was one thing or person missing, my mother-in-law. For those who know me, I am a fixer! I want to fix the situation, make my husband feel better, I want her my (MIL) to walk in the door! I know, I know time heals all wounds, it's only been two months and yadee, yadee, da, da! I know all this but I can still pout and be angry, right? I also know that we are not the only family going through this .... unfortunately one of my dear, dear friends mom passed away in March and I know that her family is going through this too. I will continue to "pluck along" and have faith that with time things will get better.

I weighed myself this morning and I weighed in at 168. I haven't drowned myself in food, well not entirely! I hear that WW's is changing their program this week so I am looking forward to that. I have been exercising and although I don't look forward to it, the feeling I get afterwards is totally worth it!

So this week I will continue with my challenge and the C25k. I will also write down all that I eat and hope that I can post a loss by next week.

Thanks for reading and please say a little prayer for us! :O)

2 comments:

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

I love y'all! :) Many prayers have and will be said for you! :)

Mary was doing C25K before she got sick and was doing really well with it. :)

Syl said...

Lucy,
I can feel what you are going through with your post.
I use to love Christmas, until my dad passed, this is the third Christmas without him and it doesn't make it easier.
There is always that empty chair, I set a place setting for him, I know kind of crazy but it makes me feel better.
I always expect him to what through that door and it's so hard to swallow the pain associated with that.
Over the years I have done a few special things before christmas that help me through it.
I take special flowers to his grave and make sure I do that before Christmas. I include a card and write a special message on it.
Every year I leave a different colored bird on my table, by his place and then once Christmas is over that bird goes on the tree. Just little things that help keep him close to me.
I also pick a person from the homeless shelters and get them a gift and sign it in his memory. Little things.
Christmas is hard but somehow I get through it, seeing the joy in my kids eyes as they get ready to open their presents, warms my heart and I know my dad would have wanted all of us to be happy.
Hugs to you Lucy, I know how hard it can be.
Start some traditions in your house in memory and it will help you get through.
If you need to "talk", or vent let me know, I know it's hard!
livesmilerun@gmail.com
xoxo
Syl