BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blogging ?

If I want to mention someones blog in my post how do I do it? Do I have to copy and paste their URL? I would rather it be the name of the blog like I have seen on other blogs. Thank you for being patient with me ... I am new at this. BTW there are some amazing blogs out there!!

3 comments:

Syl said...

go into your post and then right a sentence, highlight the word you want and then click on the little sign that looks like the world (or a globe) I believe it's green, then copy the URL of the blog you want and past it and hit save.
Let me know if I can help further.

Syl said...

it's right beside the font color Icon.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I link all of the time, but I don't know about the globe thing.

If you can't find that, this is what I do.

As Syl said, type out and then highlight the blog name. (you know, click on the first word, press the shift key, and arrow over the title till you get to the end.)

Once highlighted, move to the top of your post's page to the edit tools. You will see icons like the one to add a picture or change the font color. In that row, is the word "link" click that.

On my compose page, it is beside the icon for picture placement.

A screen will come up. On it is a box where you type or paste the url for the blog you want linked. (So, before you start this, go to the blog you want to link and copy its URL unless you have it memorized and can just type it in.)

Under that box is a bit that asks if you want to test the URL. If you click that, the blog you just linked will come up if you got the URL right. When it comes up, hit the X for it to go away.

Then at the bottom of the link screen, left side, is "OK" (I think) click on that and you're done.

Hope that helps. It is much easier than I made it sound, I think.

Deb