
Ran 2.25 miles last night. It was a good little jog! I must admit it was 9:45 and I thought I must put on my running shoes and go. It was awesome to not have that "yuck" feeling behind the thought of having to go and jog. I think my approach to running has totally changed. I have come to the realization that I am never going to remotely come close to being a competitive runner but at least I am out there doing it! The only time that I will "sprint" is if I am being chased by a human or a dog! I no longer concentrate on the huffing and puffing of by body. I concentrate on the fact that I have a body that works!
A very dear friend of mine lost her mother this past year. Her mom was in a wheelchair for most of her life. I never once pitied her mother because she was a pillar of strength and she didn't pity her own self! She never allowed the wheelchair to stop her from being part of events. Most of the time she was THE event coordinator. She was one of the classiest, funniest, kind hearted souls and just a sweet spirit in peoples life. I often "take" her along on my runs. When I think, "I can't go one step further" I often find myself taking that extra step because I know she would have wanted to take one step out of that wheelchair.
Is there anyone you take "along" on your runs?
.:Flip This Pattern:.
12 years ago


2 comments:
WElcome to HYC. Good job about your running. I think it's great your friends mom can "halp" you. :)
- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/
I have something for you on my blog! Stop by to pick it up.
Ana
www.veganana1.blogspot.com
Post a Comment